a highly automated and intuitive digital audio
Zrythm is a digital audio workstation designed to be
featureful and easy to use.
It offers streamlined editing workflows with flexible
tools, limitless automation capabilities, powerful
mixing features, chord assistance and support for
various plugin and file formats.
written in C using the
toolkit and can be extended with user scripts
written in Scheme or ECMAScript.
- Object looping, cloning, linking and stretching
- Adaptive snapping
- Multiple lanes per track
- Bounce anything to audio or MIDI
- Piano roll (MIDI editor) with chord integration, drum mode and a lollipop velocity editor
- Audio editor with part editing (including in external app) and adjustable gain/fades
- Event viewers (list editors) with editable object parameters
- Built-in and scriptable per-context object functions
- Audio/MIDI/automation recording with options to punch in/out, record on MIDI input and create takes
- Device-bindable parameters for external control
- Wide variety of track types for every purpose
- Signal manipulation with signal groups, aux sends and direct anywhere-to-anywhere connections
- In-context listening by dimming other tracks
- Automate anything using automation events or CV signal from modulator plugins and macro knobs
- Detachable views for multi-monitor setups
- Searchable preferences
- Support for LV2/VST2/VST3/AU/LADSPA/DSSI plugins, SFZ/SF2 SoundFonts, Type 0 and 1 MIDI files, and almost every audio file format
- Flexible built-in file and plugin browsers
- Optional plugin sandboxing (bridging)
- Stem export
- Chord pad with built-in and user presets, including the ability to generate chords from scales
- Automatic project backups
- Undoable user actions with serializable undo history
- User scripting capabilities via Guile API
- Hardware-accelerated UI
- SIMD-optimized DSP
- Cross-platform, cross-audio/MIDI backend and cross-architecture
- Available in multiple languages including Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, French and German
For a full list of features, see the
on our website.
Zrythm is currently in beta. The project format is
stable and we are working towards a v1 release.
- Audio: JACK (PipeWire), PulseAudio, SDL2, RtAudio (ALSA/WASAPI/CoreAudio)
- MIDI: JACK (PipeWire), WindowsMME, RtMidi (ALSA sequencer/Windows MME/CoreMIDI)
- GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, MacOS
#Building and Installation
See INSTALL.rst for build
instructions. Prebuilt packages/installers
See the user manual.
See HACKING.md and the
See mailing lists on sr.ht.
See the Feature tracker and Bug tracker.
See COPYING for general copying
conditions and TRADEMARKS.md for
our trademark policy.
If you would like to support this project please
donate below or purchase a binary installer from
https://www.zrythm.org/en/download.html - creating
a DAW takes years of work and contributions enable
us to spend more time working on the project.