This is an example configuration for using mpv as an image viewer.
- mpv is feature rich and far more extensible than any image viewer. You can easily add original keybindings, set up conditional profiles and do pretty much anything with Lua scripts
- Zoomed images with a good scaling filter look better than in image viewers (or at least the ones I previously used)
- You can use quit-watch-later with directories of images
- You can browse directories with both videos and images in one application
- It supports Wayland unlike sxiv or feh
- Background transparency on X11 with Nvidia proprietary drivers and on Wayland
#How can I display thumbnails of images?
#Why not use occivink/mpv-image-viewer?
I wanted large images only to start from the top right corner and a "fill to width" keybinding.